1. ABOUT US. We are SocialTransactions, LLC. (“SocialTransactions”, “us”, “we” or “our”), a corporation registered under the laws of the state of Washington in the United States with our principal office address at 901 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
2. ABOUT THE SocialTransactions SERVICES. We provide users (“you”, “your” or “User(s)”) with services, delivered via the SocialTransactions website (currently located at http://www.SocialTransactions.com), and/or any other platform or media through which we make such services available from time to time, that allow you to support nonprofit causes by the sales commissions generated from your purchases online (the “Services”). A User may be a “Member” (meaning a User that has registered and created an account with SocialTransactions or through one of SocialTransactions’s connected social networking communities (“Partner Communities“) and has a “SocialTransactions Profile”) or a “Visitor” (meaning a User simply using the Services without registering or creating an account).
a. “Personal Information” is information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address or phone number.
b. “Non-Identifying Information” means information that does not permit the identification of an individual person, such as the other information that you provide as part of registration and personalization of your SocialTransactions Profile (for example, individual preferences). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip or postal code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences).
c. “Log Data” is derived by our servers automatically as you interact with the Services, which record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. Log Data is a form of Non-Identifying Information.
d. “Purchase Data” is information about the purchases you make on the web that enable SocialTransactions to collect commissions from web merchants and distribute net amounts to the nonprofit organization you support.
6. WHY DOES SocialTransactions COLLECT INFORMATION? Our primary goals in collecting information are to improve our Services, features and content, to administer your use of our Services, and to attribute sales commissions generated by your web purchases to the nonprofit organization you support.
7. WHAT INFORMATION DOES SocialTransactions COLLECT?
a. When you create a SocialTransactions Profile or connect through our Partner Communities, we will collect basic information such as your e-mail address, your name, and your desired user name for accessing the Services.
b. We also collect from you some Non-Identifying Information about your interests as you use the Services. For example, when you make purchases online you are explicitly sending information which SocialTransactions will use to collect commissions from web merchant and improve its promotional activities with nonprofit organizations.
c. When you enter any information (including Personal Information) into any postings or comments, such as in technical support forums, we may collect this information, which may be available to some, a subgroup of, or even all Users of the Services, depending on how and where this information was posted by you and with whom you have elected to share the posting or comment.
d. When you leave us feedback or write to us directly, we will collect any information that is contained in your feedback form, which will include your e-mail address and other information that you may submit to us for reference or reply.
e. As mentioned, when you interact with the Services our servers automatically record Log Data that your browser sends whenever you visit a website of a web merchant from which we can collect a sales commission. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, your mobile device identifier, the geographic location of the IP address you are using to access the Internet, browser type, operating system (including identifying whether you are connecting via a mobile device), and the time of day of your access.
8. HOW DOES SocialTransactions USE INFORMATION? We use your Personal Information in some cases in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information to report to you and how much your online shopping activity has contributed to the nonprofit you support. Log Data is used to monitor and analyze use of the Services, to determine the composition of and engage our user base and nonprofit organizations, to analyze usage patterns, to optimize your access to our Services, and to control the load on our servers so that we can serve you better. We may use your e-mail address to inform you about changes to our Services, and, should you agree to receive such communications from us, send you newsletters or promotional e-mails about the Services.
9. HOW CAN YOU EDIT YOUR INFORMATION OR SETTINGS? As a Member you may choose to edit the Personal Information that is in your SocialTransactions Profile. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mail you receive. We may, however, still send you administrative e-mails regarding the Services. You may email us here with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
10. HOW CAN YOU CHANGE OR DELETE INFORMATION? All Members may review, update, or correct the Personal Information in their SocialTransactions Profile by logging into their account.
a. What are cookies? Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit certain websites. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. More information about cookies is available at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
b. What kinds of cookies does SocialTransactions use? We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain for a certain period of time unless deleted) to provide Non-Identifying Information to us about Users.
c. Your Options: Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set. Instructions to remove persistent cookies can be found through your Internet browser. You may also choose to opt out of tracking so that websites like SocialTransactions cannot learn from your interactions and browsing history.
12. WHEN DOES SocialTransactions SHARE INFORMATION, AND WITH WHOM?
a. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, and other purposes relating to our Services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information. We do not share Personal Information with advertisers.
b. Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
d. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We will access and disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with relevant laws, to respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order, to protect the property and rights of SocialTransactions or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
e. Commission reporting to nonprofit organizations. We will make reports to the nonprofit organization you support that show purchase amounts (but not actual items purchased or stores items were purchased from) and resulting commissions.
13. HOW LONG WILL SocialTransactions RETAIN INFORMATION? Unless there is a specific legal or regulatory requirement for us to keep information, we will retain it for no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
14. WHERE WILL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED AND STORED? SocialTransactions is located in the USA. Accordingly, Personal Information we collect may be transferred to and stored in our servers or those of third parties that act on our behalf (such as hosting providers) in the USA or other countries outside of the European Economic Area. By using the Services you agree to such collection, transfer and storage outside of the European Economic Area.
15. HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION? You should be aware that while we take reasonable measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information, we are not able to fully eliminate all security risks or potential breaches.
16. WHAT IS THE POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN? Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to create a SocialTransactions Profile or to use the Services. We do not knowingly gather Personal Information about Users who are under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Effective Date: September 1, 2012